Sunday, October 16, 2011

Winter's Songs Turned Spring





Tribute to Yogananda by Roberto Hoffman was downloaded from Youtube.com 7/12/2011





Gurubandana

Gurubandana by Mala Ganguly

 Sung by Mala Ganguly

(courtesy of Mala Ganguly)





Winter's Songs Turned Spring




Lovingly Dedicated to Gurudeva Paramahansa Yogananda


Sharifah C. Rosso



Soft whispers of wind I knew,



As we stand in the early dew,



With fallen leaves sweetly floating 
through this vast sea,




These moments, few.




Then, silent songs embrace the soul,   

(Too deep for you to know), 

With songs of bliss inspiring the flow,

Of inner spirit, for which I grow.







And, thinking I alone am free,
 To love this boundless sea,

Am awakened from my dream,

To see You standing here with me.


What joy to think we share the sounds of bliss,


(So rarely known to be alone), 

With songs of golden lotuses floating serenely from sea to sea, 


From You to me.




Stephen Foster - "Beautiful Dreamer"

 Sung by Marilyn Horne

Version 1.







"Beautiful Dreamer"




Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me, 

Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;

Sounds of the rude world heard in the day,

Lull'd by the moonlight have all pass'd away!



Beautiful dreamer, queen of my song,

List while I woo thee with soft melody;

Gone are the cares of life's busy throng.



Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!

Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!




Beautiful dreamer, out on the sea,

Mermaids are chanting the wild lorelie;

Over the streamlet vapors are borne,

Waiting to fade at the bright coming morn.



Beautiful dreamer, beam on my heart, 

E'en as the morn on the streamlet and sea;

Then will all clouds of sorrow depart,

Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!


Version 2.







Two Lovers from Garden of Dreams
Ustad Ali Akbar Khan, Sarod
Compiled by Iralem 8/6/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment